Sunday, February 25, 2007

i'm "growing..."

This post may not seem like much to you after you have read my italicized print, thus why I'm taking the time now to preface just how "big" this post and its subsequent life growing moment really is.

For, I, Joshua Trapp, can now tolerate country music.

See, I told you it wasn't going to see like much - but if you at all know how much I've had a distaste for this music over the last... oh... well, all of my life, you'd realize that this is a moment for me "grow" and expand my horizons. Depending upon your view of country music, you may feel this a moment I've fallen into a pit of hickish-despair.

Yes, I've liked Johnny Cash, and yes I've liked some old-fashioned kickback bluegrass music... but I'm talking Dixie Chicks/Kenny Chesney country music - following me people?

I'm choosing to look at it as a growth opportunity - one that happened to come on a day that I had the privilege to attend another fantabulous NASCAR event with my bud Chris! Once there, we had a chance to see Kevin Costner's band play. Who knew Kevin Costner had a jam band? Who knew he doesn't stink, and actually got the crowd going?

Then, on the way home, I actually asked Chris to replay some of the songs on his country mix CD. Yeah, these are new steps in Josh's life... you think God's hand at work? Only He knows.

With all this said, I've uploaded the mix CD to the iPod, and will close my eyes tonight, welcoming into my musical psyche a new genre of taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home