Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"my butt itches," and "peace-out-yo."


These are two phrases that are rattling within my head, soley from today's events. But, before I divulge those thoughts, let me take you back almost a week to catch up.

Friday Afternoon-Sunday Morning: 4 hours in traffic, some great kids, incredible staff, and a rockin' band… that was the High School District Youth Gathering, just outside of Palm Springs. Being spiritually fed with Jesus approved rock… it is quite lovely.

Sunday Afternoon-Tuesday Afternoon: 1000+ Lutheran teachers, a big hotel (man it takes forever to figure where you are), some inspiring discussions and lectures, fellowship to rejuvenate a tired heart, and a newness that is dandy.

Today: Now it's back to the original quotes, as shared by my niece Kyrsten. If I'm near Kyrsten, that means I'm in San Diego - hometown… in the crib I grew up in. Since I'm here, I took some time today to do what makes me appreciate San Diego - head over to Hillcrest and check out the thrift shops. I was able to accomplish this, all while getting lost by taking the back streets that I pretend I can memorize. After that, I treated my nieces, Kyrsten and Brittany, to a Santa Claus 3 movie adventure. That was quite fun, especially letting them wear my plaid jacket and flannel jacket in the movie theatre. (Maybe, just maybe, they'll adopt my spastic pizaz for fashion?)

On the car ride with them, I was giving a Spanish lesson to my 9 year old niece, while also giving my 4 year old niece a lesson on how to "rock-out" in the car with some killer tunes. This included the traditional headbang, the "rock-it' finger formation, and of course the air-drum solo. All this to which she replied at the end of the song with, "peace out yo."

And to this blog I say the same, until post-Thanksgiving thoughts brings me to post again.

Currently listening to: The new bird in our house sing me a song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home