Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mammoth...

Mammoth Mountain, CA - If you have never been, honestly, I want to cry for you. Incredibly gorgeous and magnificent to explore... that's how I fondly remember and constantly lookforward to seeing this piece of the Sierra Nevadas.

A few weeks ago, KJ, Seth, and myself piled into the oh so trusty Subaru to make the drive up to this winter sports habitat. The car was filled with good music, pleasant conversation, and some just dandy scenery. We took a highway I had never traversed on my way to Mammoth - but it was just lovely to catch new eyefulls of central California.

Once up at the resort, KJ and I decided to start our exploration. Many choose to stay on the paths of the resort, yet, in the last few years, I have had the fascination with going off the beaten path. Dotting through tree lines, finding backside slopes, out-of-bounds exploration... it's been just a great way to enjoy how gorgeous the scenery of snow and mountains trully are.

Ultimately, the trip was filled with many great chances: to escape to a winter wonderland, to rejuvinate my walk with Christ through conversation with peers, and to better know two Bethany pals - KJ and Seth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ingrid said...

Thanks be to God, you can still post! So fun to read an update, friend. You really are a great writer! Thanks for sharing a slice of life from the Mammoth trip!

9:56 PM

 
Blogger Von Trapp said...

Aww... thank you friend. I greatly appreciate the compliment. And yes, after a little hiatus, I'm back to blog. Be on the lookout for another soon to come...

11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home