Monday, November 27, 2006

where i really want to be...


For those of you that do not know, I really look forward to the winter months. I enjoy the chill, I enjoy the seasons somewhat changing, and I greatly look forward to the snow that teases me from distant mountains.

Usually, I will watch snowboard DVD's in the summer months (actually, all months), tempting myself to the joy soon to come when the clouds roll in. Now that winter is here, I am extremely eager to bust out the warm jacket and take a breath of thin air. The snowboard DVD's are still in rotation, and the clicks on resort's webcams become a nice daytime mental vacation.



Yet, since it is winter, I can also look forward to the summer months. Ever since a summer camp experience as a youth (thank you Jewish Community Center), I have wanted to learn how to kayak. As a Jr. Counselor in my last summer there (yeah, that one rocked), we were treated on Friday's with a fun-day to get away from the little kids. For this particular fun-day, we headed down to Mission Bay and enjoyed a nice afternoon of bay kayaking. From there, that experience was built upon in an 8th Grade Catalina Island trip - where we kayaked in the ocean from cove to cove. Through high school, I was able to go river-rafting with our high school youth group (go Christ Lutheran, La Mesa, CA!)... that experience opened my eyes even wider to the dream of leraning to whitewater kayak.

I'm now 23, I have a steady job (that allows some summer time off), and even though I can't skip out of town everytime I want to see the snow... I can set myself up to enjoy the melted snow of summer.



So, the point of this post... how about the rationale that this post is more of a chance for me to escape to the mountains in thought, and to share some pictures that inspire me to get out to a local creek, grab my pack, and start exploring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ingrid said...

I heart this pictures! Yay for being outside!! :D

11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home