Thursday, November 09, 2006

why emotions? why the church?


(Originally Posted: Monday, May 01, 2006)

Why is it everytime a trip ends I get emotional? There is something with the exhaustion and act of closing an event in my life (youth gatherings, road trips, and now national youth gathering district coordinator work) that gets me stretched emotionally.

Put me on a plane and it is hightened even more - the window to gaze out of, the Ipod whose songs are intentionally chosen to make me think, and the ultimate result are tears and reflections of a life towards Christ.

It's what I want, it's what I crave. More than any car excites me, more than any ideas of money or luxury, it's the goal of working in the church that makes me want and dream of a future.

As a kid who pretty much never went to church for most of his grade school life (Grades 4-8...), I couldn't have predicted this would be my craving. As a kid who saw youth group and church in high school as more of a social desire than a spiritual nuture, where did this craving come from?

It's all swirling in my head right now and it's all making me wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home