Monday, December 10, 2007

Let's Paint, Exercise, and Blend Drinks

It's been awhile since I've choked with laughter, cried in hilarity, and giggled with infatuation. And when I say awhile, I mean Saturday, December 8th 2007. For it was on that day that I was exposed to an element of public broadcasting I was completely unaware of, yet am ever so thankful I was treated to through the knowledge of Seth. (Thanks man!)

As with many sentences that pop up in today's pop culture, this one starts off like this: "So I was checking out something on YouTube..." It was there that I saw a man, on his own public access television show, attempt to give his spin on our modern world of multitasking. In half mockery/desire to inform he proceeded to run on a treadmill (in full suit of course), eat a pie, paint a canvas of the pie he was eating, while also taking viewer's phone calls. (Are you picturing this?)

This was only one episode. In another he was running on a treadmill (full suit), painting a picture, once again hearing feedback from his callers, but this time he was teaching us how to make a blended drink - which looked disgusting as he only put in 3 of his 7 ingredients.

Now, if you're picturing this... let me add that within the first three seconds of him starting the treadmill, he's out of breath. Then, to add to that, his painting looks pre-school esq. Further, his callers are usually gang members throwing insults at other crews, or people speaking vulgar at him mid-mumbling-sentence... he then tries to throw a philosophical spin on their less than perfect comments. And last but not least, whoever is running the video in the recording booth adds the cheesiest of 80's graphics and special effects.

I know my words are feeble to the actual experience of watching the show. Yet, I would like to preface the experience before you click start. As mentioned before, he takes live calls from viewers. Those viewers... well, they have potty mouths. So, if you're willing to ignore that aspect, you'll appreciate everything:





Also, just in case my thoughts haven't convinced you to click one of the above videos, feel free to read Josh M's blog about the same topic for a little extra encouragement: Josh M's Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home